2021 Grace Lutheran VBS June 27-30th
Ages 4 thru Entering 5th Grade
“THE WAY OUT”
“For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”
— Colossians 1:13-14
Volunteer Background checks
We need your help! VBS is such an important outreach opportunity for our community but we can’t do it without you. We need volunteers to commit to helping with Bible Lessons, crafts, skits, group leaders and helpers. This year, in our effort to create the best VBS experience at Grace we can offer we are going a step further. This year to protect our children, church, and volunteers, background checks and online safety training are being employed. It doesn’t cost you anything but time. It’s online, on your time schedule, and in the comfort of your own home. This means that volunteers will also have to preregister by June 20, 2021 so that we may get the results before VBS. Contact Rosie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 502-523-1474 to sign up as a volunteer.
Pick Up Policy for VBS 2021
VBS 2021 we will continue with a proactive child pick-up policy. In order to create as safe of an environment as possible we will reintroduce what was implemented in 2019. Because of Covid last year we want review how the kids will be dismissed at the end of each VBS night. We thank you for your patience and for your help in this process. So, let’s get reacquainted with dismissal.
1. Each Child will be allowed a maximum of three names eligible to pick up a child including one or both parents. Dad and mom count as two of those slots so be sure to include mom and dad’s first and last names. It will not be assumed. You may do this on the online registration form.
2. Only names listed for pick up will be allowed into the Sanctuary for pick up—a maximum of three people can be designated for pick up.
3. The person picking up must have name tag (that will be provided) visible while picking up child(ren)—one tag per child—which means the person picking up must have the name tag assigned to the person picking up for each child. A total of two tags will be issued for each child, one shared for the person(s) picking up and one for the child. If the parent is picking up more than one child that parent will wear one tag per child on their person. (Example: The Parent picking up two children will where two name ID Tags one for each child.)
4. If person picking up a child(ren) does not have the proper name badge(s) with the child’s ID numbers the parent will have to be called and the name tag must be retrieved.
5. Name tags with ID numbers for the child will be issued each evening and turned in at the end of each evening. This is to avoid loss of name ID tags for those picking up children.
6. Upon arriving each night please check in at the assigned tables and collect your ID tag and child’s name tag.
7. When picking up the child please go to the child at the pew. Please follow the signs in the sanctuary for pick up.
Thank you again for Your patience as we redevelop this process for 2021. We also encourage some level of flexibility as some improvements or changes may become necessary. Our goal is a quick dismissal and a safe environment for all children who attend our VBS program. God bless you and your family.
Pastor Matthew Woods
VBS — Supper: 5:30 pm Classes: 6:25-8:15 pm